Monday 10 November 2008

#50


Time passes by 'a Custard Apple at a time'...or 'a year at a time' to you John. For I only indulge in one Custard Apple per year you see, because although they are most lovely and unique, they are also so sweet and sickly that only one can be consumed per anim.

Well that time of the year has come! Today I eat the Annual Custard Apple scooping-out its sweet flesh from it's lizard like skin. This time though I observe that it is not call a Custard Apple, no, some smarty pants at Tesco has been looking in their horticultural encyclopedia because now it is labeled as a 'Cherimoya'. It seems later than last year... and indeed it is as I check back on this blog (penultimate paragraph of 36) to last year's Custard Apple Day I find it was in October.

Thankyou Custard Apple...oh great punctuator of existence... see you next year.

1 comment:

Barkfoot said...

Happy Custard Apple Day!...